Wednesday 24 August 2011

Yam Kuih (Or Kuih)

Last Sunday, my mum wanted to clear her little garden in front of the house compound.  She planted yam, lemongrass and daun kesum there and she want to get rid of the yam plant and she asked me to do something with it.

I made yam kuih with the yam we harvested from our little garden.  The recipe is the same like how I make pumpkin kuih here.

The only different is I sliced the yam and steamed it, while it still hot, smashed the yam but make sure you leave some small pieces. Happy trying

I captured this with my handphone so it is not clear.  There are 2 version here.  Fry it or garnished it with red chillies, spring onion and fried shallot.

Another close up.  I took this photo this morning in the office as I brought some for my colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment