|Kay hong - packed in tiffin carrier for lunch at office|
I cook the recipe from http://phonghongbakes.blogspot.com/
- 2 chicken legs (cut into bite sized pieces) (I used 4 chicken legs)
- 1 pork belly (cut into 1 inch slices)
- 6 hardboiled eggs (I used 8 egg because my children love egg)
- 15 shallots
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp preserved bean paste (taucheow)
- 2 tbsp kayciap (or ABC sauce/sweet soya sauce) (I used normal soya sauce)
- 2 tbsp dark soya sauce
- Palm sugar (gula Melaka) to taste
- 700 ml water (adjust for consistency, use less for thicker gravy)
- Blend shallots, garlic and taucheow. Saute the blended paste until fragrant.
- Add pork belly and fry for about 10 minutes.
- Add water, kayciap/sweet soya sauce, dark soya sauce, gula Melaka and hard boiled eggs.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes before adding chicken.
- Simmer until chicken is cooked and tender.
My hubby finishes his plate of rice and ask me whether the balance will keep for tomorrow dinner....LOL....(mayb he thinks it is goods)