My hubby dislike taufu (or we called it tau kua because taufu is referred to the softer version) but he likes tau pok. So, I will also make some tau pok for him.
|Bitter gourd - Cyn can finish half of this in one meal.|
|This is the taufu|
|and tau pok for my hubby|
Hakka Yong Taufu
(Source from cynmainemum.blogspot.com)
5 pcs of Taufu (cut into half to make it triangle)
500gm of minced meat (I usually used pork)
1 small piece of salted fish (I will use ikan tenggiri) - cut about 1 - 1.5 cm
200gm of fresh fish paste (ikan tenggiri also)
1 tbsp of corn flour
Enough cooking oil for frying
1) Heat the wok and fried the taufu till golden brown
2) Fried the salted fish. Use only the flesh
3) Next, mixed the minced meat, fish paste and salted fish with the corn flour
4) Add in the seasoning and mixed well
5) Now, you can stuff the meat mixture in the taufu
6) As I mentioned earlier, you can also use tau pok, brinjal, lady finger and bitter gourd
7) Arranged in a plate a steam for 20 minutes.
8) For the vegetable version, I will normally fried it first before steaming / cooking it.