Monday 1 August 2011

Balik Kampung

The post title sounds so nice...but not meant for me.  My mum will go back to Miri tomorrow for 5 days.  I already gave her a shopping list as below :-

1)  Laksa sarawak paste
Laksa Sarawak paste
2)  Terung asam/terung Iban - can anyone tell me where to get this in West Malaysia
Credited to google.com
3) White pepper
4) Ikan terubok masin (my colleague wanted this)
5) Buah dabai (if she can get it because it is seasonal)

Credited to google.com
6) Mee kolok - she will normally buy the uncooked mee (dry) so that we can keep and just cook whenever we want to eat.  She will also packed some cooked mee kolok for us to eat on the same day she reached KL.

Wish my mum a safe journey back to Sarawak and I just can't wait to eat all the foods from Sarawak.

4 comments:

  1. Oooooo.... mee kolok! How I miss it. Love the curly curly red/white noodle. Yummy!
    And buah dabai, had it once, and it's delicious.
    Nothing beats ulat sagu. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wendyywy@table for 2
    thanks for dropping by..
    yes ! sarawak food...i will enjoy all these tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laksa paste, i think this is the brand that i use to buy for my friends too.

    Everytime i go back, i will sure bring back Sarawak pepper, either for friends or for the family.

    Buah Dabai, i am lucky, i get to eat during my recent trip back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie Q,
    This brand is good. My mum managed to get me some buah dabai too. I am so happy. Sarawak really have all the unique food where we can't get it here.

    ReplyDelete