Monday 6 June 2011

Chinese Dumpling

今天是月初五端午节.  Today is 5th day of the 5th month of lunar calendar also known as Dragon Boat Festival.  To know more about this festival, please refer to  here.
We will make  粽子 (zong zi) during this festival.  To read more about the chinese dumpling, please refer here.
I also made some 粽子 on Saturday morning.  I already start to prepare the ingredient on Friday night and we planned to make the dumpling on Saturday morning as I have to attend a wedding in the afternoon.  Every year, I am the one to cook the rice and ingredient as I am not so skillful in wrapping it.  My mum & sis will take charge of wrapping it.  However, I have no recipe to share here as I cook the ingredient based on "agak-agak" as how I learn from my mother.  My dumpling ingredient consists of pork, mushroom, dried shrimp and chestnut.  Maybe I will get the right measurement next year and post the recipe in my blog.

Maine posing with 粽子

3 comments:

  1. I just love these!!! With chicken...;)

    Thanks for joining my GA dear..good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being my first follower.

    ReplyDelete