Tuesday 31 January 2012

Chinese New Year Celebration in Klang

This year we didn't go back to Kuala Terengganu (my beloved hubby's hometown) because I don't enough leave.  I will start work on the 4th day of CNY.  3rd day of CNY is compulsory leave declare by my company. I have to keep my leave for my holiday in May & August.  Pity me....sob!sob!sob!
But I enjoyed the celebration here in Klang because I am fully in charge of the kitchen and my family can also ordered what they like to eat for CNY reunion dinner.  Sorry, no photos for the dinner as I was too busy in the kitchen.

On 1at day of CNY, we went to Kuan Yin Temple in Klang town and it is our routine every year.

Cyn & Maine at the Temple

Lion Dance to celebrate the Water Dragon
On the 2nd day of CNY, we went for movie at MBO, Harbour Place in Port Klang.  We watched I Love Hong Kong 2 but it is not the worth watching but still good for the children.
On 3rd day of CNY, I asked my mum to teach me how to make Acar Timun (Sarawak's version).  I will post the recipe later.
And on the 4th day CNY, I started work and join the company "Kai Kong" lunch at Friend's Restaurant at Kota Kemuning.
Office was quiet because most of the colleagues are still on leave.  My hubby will start work on Friday.
On 6th day, we went to hubby's sister house in Damansara for visiting.  After that we brought the kids to 1 Utama and we had our dinner at Chilli's Restaurant.
On 7th day, we were at home relaxing as the kids will be starting school on the next day.  Hubby & I went for movie after dinner.  We wanted to watch "The Viral Factor" as it is filmed in Malaysia.

2 comments:

  1. Happy CNY to you and family! We watched lion and dragon dance at our neighbour's house 2 days back. Really good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. wah ! lion dance at home...that's cool !

    ReplyDelete